Monday, March 10, 2008

Surf surf surf

Mark my words: Casual video games that excel at "wasting just a bit of time" will be the ultimate downfall of all life on Earth. I pirated AudioSurf on Friday night, and spent most of Saturday playing. Damn fine game. I admit I didn't 'get it' by watching the many YouTube videos that showed it. It looked kinda lame and boring... But because of all the good things I've heard about it, I downloaded it and gave it a go. And boy was I surprised - it's an incredibly satisfying game to play. Sure, some songs play better than others, but you always find yourself going "ohhh, one more song..." And before you know it, goodbye afternoon. The online scoreboards only make things worse. "UserX has dethroned your top score on Hell March 2". Of course I had to show him up. And boy, did I show him up. Gah, I don't really know/want to know how much time I've spent over the weekend on that game. ... 9.5 hours, apparently. Thanks, Steam Community profiles.

Anyways, this weeks art kind of surprised me. I said to myself, "Boy, I really don't know how to draw an eye." So I Google'd "eye", grabbed one of the first image results for a reference, and voila:



It took me a good 30-45 minutes, but quite frankly I'm blown away by the results. Sure, it ain't perfect, but it actually looks like the part of maybe a possible almost life-like type of facial object. Maybe I should do a nose next. And then a mouth. Then copy and paste another eye. And then maybe I'll have something really interesting...
-Cril

Do what we can
Won't worry tomorrow
Kick in the countdown
Saddled up and sanctified

Get 9
Get 9
Save your soul
Better make up your mind
Save your soul
Or you're gonna get do time
'Cause we're hot
Too cool
So tight
So fine
Hyper cyberdelic and gold
Get 9

Yoko Kanno - GET9

No comments: