Sunday, March 16, 2008

Group Projects

I hate them, I really do. Sure, on the plus side the other members finally sent me what they had done. And hey - despite having one or two empty sections, we do (barely) meet the required report length. And so now we're down to the crunch - a few more pages to write, appendix to put together, and references to gather before it needs to be handed in in a week and a half. On the down side, however, the presentations are due on the same day. If we want to rehearse anytime before the day we present, they need to plan and get their slides to me ASAP so I can put it together. Gotta love being the only one in a group who is fairly computer literate. Ugh. I sent them emails saying "here's what I need and soon" on Thursday and have yet to hear anything back. Sigh.

Today I got a good chunk of my MACS project completed, though. Because I'm the only one working on it I'm significantly less stressed. I probably put 2 hours into research today, all I have to do is arrange it into a presentation-friendly format. Find some YouTube clips to throw in for good measure, and I should be good to go. It's scary, though, how soon these things will be due. I can't believe the semester is drawing to a close.



Wee, an eye study! I have to say that I'm pretty surprised at how well it turned out. I like it. Anyways, I kept going as the week progressed, and things kind got out of hand. By the end I had probably put about 4-5hrs in (so much for a "sketch"). I oh-so-briefly contemplated the idea of continuing and adding a body... And then I decided I'd rather keep my sanity. Overall, let's 'face' it, the final result is fugly. But I'm pleased with the process. I think it was quite a successful face study, something that I really benefited from doing. It makes me amazed to know that some people can do a bajillion times better in just twenty minutes of work (a true "sketch").

Anyways, I waited all week and the iPod never showed. That's ok, the delivery estimate says it'll be tomorrow anyways. Couldn't help but hope something magical might happen.
-Cril

She was underwhelmed
If that's a word
I know it's not
'Cause I looked it up
That's one of those skills
That I learned in my school
I was overwhelmed
And I'm sure of that one
'Cause I learned it
Back in grade school
When I was young
She said, "You is funny"
I said, "You are funny"
She said, "Thank you"
And I said, "Never mind"
And she rolled her eyes
Her beautiful eyes
The point is not the grammar
It's the feeling
That is certainly in my heart
But not in hers

Sloan - Underwhelmed

No comments: