Sunday, July 20, 2008

Watch as I make this pencil disappear...

Grid, you know I loves you baby. I never meant those things I said.

Ok, I meant them. I really meant them. But all is forgiven. I've discovered that a game, such as the superb racing simulator Grid, can be incredibly more manageable and easier to play when you have a constant FPS above 20. I dunno what it was at before the SLI 9600's, but now it's super smoother. As is CoD4 and Assassin's Creed. Can't say I've seen a huge improvement in Team Fortress 2, but it's playable as is. I can't wait until, down the line, I get a new processor and new RAM. Oh, the FPS's, they will sing.

Moving right along - The Dark Knight. I knew I was onto something big when I arrived at the IMAX theatre on Friday night and there was a sign that read 'All showings booked until Monday'. And, as I entered this was put into perspective - the showing that didn't start for 45mins already had a veeeery long line. Luckily for me, there was a open linksys router with wifi goodness. It's situations like that that make me glad to have purchased an iPod Touch. Even though it's company's management are the spawn of the devil. But onto the movie itself - WOWZA. I can't believe it actually stood up to all the hype, and excelled it. What an AWESOME movie. Very very dark though, as well as tense. It's not quite the same category as Batman Begins - the first one was a bit more of an easy-to-enjoy action flick. This one was gritty, deep, and dark. So very dark. Gotta say the dialogue was excellent though - some scenes were down right poetic. Heath Ledger performed perhaps the creepiest movie character I've ever seen, and Christian Bale delivered a Christopher Reeve level performance for splitting apart Bruce Wane from Batman. Oh, and the action was great too. And the visuals were absolutely incredible. Mr Nolan, you would kick George Lucas' sorry arse up and down any field of cinematography. One helluva ride.

Ok, to my startling amazement there are TWO birthdays on Monday - my Mom's and my no.1 reader, Mr Frank. So, I had to spend like three hours doing art today to try and get some kinda mediocre prezzie lined up for each of 'em. Here's what I dun fer mah momma:



The plan is to add some lazor goodness, and send it off. It'll be late, but it should turn out pretty well. Speaking of late, the order I placed with Amazon for some comic books has FINALLY shipped, but sans Watchmen. Gah. I think I'm going to cancel it from the order and then find some place within Canada to get it from. I guess I let The Man win and cave to the ridiculous CAD pricing. Oh Amazon.com, you'd make so much monies if you made it just a little cheaper to ship from the US to up here in the North. $4/book? REALLY? How can you possibly justify that? Probably the same way you justify having all the Amazon.ca book prices ~20% more expensive. Sigh...
-Cril

You might be a big fish
In a little pond
Doesn't mean you've won
'Cause along may come
A bigger one
And you'll be lost

Coldplay - Lost! (Acoustic)

No comments: