Sunday, July 06, 2008

Screaming eagles!

Quick! Media roundup!

Day of Defeat Source: Think I've caught the bug again, I find the game strangely addictive. I also found a dod_charlie remake, which pleases me greatly. I'll prolly play some more this next week, much to the dismay of the new FNF TF2 server.

Grid: Although I still enjoy this game (when I win) I'm finding it increasingly annoying. The AI is sooo cheap, and I swear the vehicle physics give them the edge in collisions. Not only do they block my path when I'm going fast enough to pass them, but when we hit I go flying off the side while they remain on course. Getting around the track isn't my biggest problem - getting past the competition is.

Gotham Knight: Great set of cartoons. I love the obvious references to the old Paul Dini animated series, and the fact that they brought back the same voice actor. The story didn't really strike me as anything really unique, but some of the art was good.

Terminator: Finally saw the first movie, which seemed pretty decent. I tried watching the second installment, but the file was messed up so I had to... Get ahold of it again. I may watch that tonight, I also have Terminator 3 on hand.

Top Gear: Hella awesome show. I've been watching it with my sister during summer, it's so hilarious.

Wall-E: GREAT flick. Pixar keeps their high standards of film making (never mind the horrible plot from Cars). Two things put me off a bit from their latest movie that kept me from scoring it higher than my current Pixar favourite, Monsters Inc. I found the live-action parts didn't quite fit in to my liking, and that it was a bit too preachy on environmental awareness and how lazy of a species we humans are. It was pretty good besides that though. Every time Eve cried 'Wall-E' while he was injured brought a lump into my throat. Good stuff.

Let's see, aside from that... I want to look into art schools in Vancouver this week. I just need to get the ball rolling - figure out what institutes there are and maybe request some info. I have a photoshop battle I need to also put some effort into, and some sketches to upload. Annnd... some art:



Drawing TF2 characters as female has been quite the thing to do (it seems), and I'm not exception. Hence, a lady-soldier. I may or may not do more of the cast, but I wouldn't count on it.

Well, happy belated Canada Day and Independence Day folks.
-Cril

I found my Soldier Girl
(She is my soldier girl)
She's so far away (so far away)
(She is so far away)
She makes my head spin around (spin around)

Polyphonic Spree - Soldier Girl

1 comment:

Frank said...

See, I thought she was an engy because it looks like she has a screw on her shoulder.

I hear ya on the DOD:S bug. It's hella fun when you play with objective oriented people.

I'd change the server to DOD:S, but I don't know, those SOFW guys are a hoot to play with. I'd rather become part of their clan than make an opposing server.