Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My friend the communist holds meetings in his RV

Ok, so like a SPECIAL IDISHUN, MID-WEEK UPDATE!

Woo! How exciting!!

Ok, a few interesting developments thusfar. Most significantly, I've bought two new Galaxy 9600GTs to replace ye olde 7800GT. They've arrived (along with the SLI bridge I got Rob to send out), and have been installed. And I think they're working just fine. To be honest, I haven't seen that huge of an improvement in Team Fortress 2 - I average between 30-50 FPS, which well good, it's quite the explosive increase I was hoping for. I'm guessing that my processor and RAM are currently the bottleneck in performance. I guess I'll have to wait until I do a full upgrade this winter/next summer before I get the big graphical awesomeness. Although, I have not yet crashed playing a game, so I can probably safely conclude that my old card had reached the end of its life.

In other news, Steven Page of Barenaked Ladies fame done got himself busted for possession of cocaine. It's a shame, really. Part of the reason why I am such a BNL fan was the fact that all of the band members seemed like such cool, normal dudes. I rather liked Page in particular, but... This one's a lil' hard to swallow. Maybe the whole thing is a misunderstanding and he's guilty, or maybe some of the band members aren't quite as 'average dude' as I'd hoped. In any case, my stereotypical view of the group is most likely naively flawed. I'm not sure what to make of the whole mess.

And last, ALL HANDS BRACE FOR EPIC. This Friday, at 7:00PM at the Calgary IMAX theatre, I will partake in that sweet ambrosia that is the Dark Knight. I cannot wait - it will be... Epic. So very epic.

And some obligatory art:


For the record I have two monitors, but SLI only supports one at a time. Go figure.
-Cril

Every time I turn around
I'm looking up, you're looking down
Maybe something's wrong with you
That makes you act the way you do
Maybe i am crazy too

Sheryl Crow - Soak Up the Sun

No comments: