Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Verbal Doodle - "I was trying so hard to be myself I was turning into somebody else."

I was trying so hard to be myself I was turning into somebody else. It was an easy trap to fall into. Look around you the next time you’re swimming in a sea of other people. People that are coming and going and chatting and acting and just floating past. And you think to yourself, hrm, where do I fit into all of this anyways? So you take some chunk of you that you think is the best you have, and use it as a simple landmark to frame your base of operations around. But this landmark gets blown out of proportions, and before you know it… It’s not just a landmark, it defines who you are. So you’re stuck with this… Thing that had honest origins, sure, but has grown into something completely different. And who is this new person, as a result? It’s not someone you or anyone else would recognize. You've become just another person drifting within a pool of faces. No one will remember, no one will recall. One more unique landmark in a sea of unique landmarks.

No comments: