Sunday, February 01, 2015

Got Fifty Cents More Than I'm Gonna Keep

Well, it's official. I've become one of those jerks biking to work in the middle of winter, hijiacking the sidewalk for my own malicious commuting purposes. It's stupid cold out, and yet I bike. There's snow and ice, and yet I bike.

In my defense, my car is in the shop and I just can't bring myself to pay for insurance and public transit at the same time. And the car being in the shop seems to be a reoccurring theme, just like the notion swirling around my head about how soon I should sell it. Maybe go without a car again for a year so I can save up for something a bit more reliable. It'd be the prudent thing to do.

But when I get in the car and that sultry Asian voice informs me that "Zthe buetuth is ready to paer", I hook up my iPod and flip up those sexy headlights... good vibes shake their way through my bones. What can I say, I love my car like an abusive spouse.

In the mean time, I'm slowly building up a new computer and spending more on it than I should. In my defense, though, I'm spending more than I should in a fairly cost-effective manner. I've been waiting for each part to go on sale, so far nabbing a monitor, hard drives, motherboard, power supply, and video card all at below the standard retail price. I'll stay the course for another couple weeks with my eye on the processor and RAM, but if those don't drop I'll probably go ahead and nab everything I'm missing. And then woe be unto the local computer shop, for I shall milk their ill-fated price match guarantee for all it's worth.

So there you go, biking to avoid paying for transit while my stupidly expensive and troublesome exotic car is in for repairs, and bargain hunting for a long list of high-end computer parts. I guess I gotta justify these silly purchases somehow.
-Cril

Hey everybody
Let's have some fun
You only live but once
And when you're dead you're done

So let the good times roll
I said let the good times roll
I don't care if you're young or old
You oughtta get together and let the good times roll

Don't sit there mumbling
Talkin' trash
If you want to have a ball
You got to go out and spend some cash

Ray Charles - Let the Good Times Roll

1 comment:

Frank said...

Don't feel bad. I got a 970 AND a Dodge Challenger!