Sunday, February 19, 2006

Bah

resistentialism (ri-zis-TEN-shul-iz-um) noun
The theory that inanimate objects demonstrate hostile behavior against us

I had it all working fine: I was switching between XP and 2K just fine, and had gotten about half way through the Allied Red Alert 2 campaign. Then, for some reason, my computer has started restarting oddly. I didn't even change any settings or anything... I just restarted to change the OS, and my keyboard wouldn't work, drives took a while to detect, and it generally took longer to reboot. Like... WHAT THE HECK?! What'd I do?! Changing USB ports doesn't even recognize the KB in Windows. A normal PS2 port doesn't detect at all. At the OS selection screen, though, if I press any buttons the countown slows. So it must be detecting somehow. However I try to update my BIOS, I end up with a frozen PC. When I use nTune the first time, my mouse freezes. When I use it agian, I lose the keyboard. The computer itself is still functioning, but nothing for input. Argh, I just don't get it. It must have something to do with me installing XP. It's EA's fault. I just know it. Either way, I have no idea what to do next... Format perhaps? I already nuked the XP partition, and it didn't do anything.

Anyways, I should be grateful it is starting up in the first place, and that I can run Win2K stuff just fine. Which is why I'm currently pirating Command & Conquer Generals. The origional version worked just fine with 2K. So did Red Alert 2. In fact, so did ALL the other C&C games, through some form of compatibility mode. Why EA decided the First Decade should be less compatible than it was before, I'll never know. Must be to make people like me mad.

I don't wanna format again... If it'll even fix anything...
-Cril

We waited in the night for hours
VIP passes bouquets of flowers
To see the brand new siren sing her song

The virgin's men were thrown into volcanoes
A beating heart, it was held aloft
And no expense was spared

Camper Van Beethoven - Long Plastic Hallway

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Risist wotsit... they do. They definitely do.

Well mine do anyway..