Monday, February 27, 2006

Well, that's the one thing we've got...

What a week. Or something. My iPod has gone on the fritz, and the battery is dead. Surprise, surprise. There are TONS of people who have this problem, and yet they haven't made an iPod which doesn't suffer from said defect. Kinda dumb... Apple is so big and powerful, but they can't properly engineer one of their flagship products to be reliable. Yes, I love my iPod. It's a greast little device, but dang... They sure cost a lot to repair or replace. Ugh. $40 to have it shipped to Apple for repairs. It better come back fast, and it better come back OPERATIONAL.

Got my computer fixed. I had to remake the BIOS updater floppy in safe mode. Who'da thunk? I got XP on here now... Ugh, I remember why I like 2K better. Less annoying popup messages. Better organization. Less wizards that don't do what you want them to. In other news, I'm trying to get a gameport to work... It seems both of the sound cards I have on-hand have audio difficulties. GG Creative Labs. All I wanted to do was enable their gameport, but use the mainboard audio... Apparently that's too retarded for XP to handle. I tried for an hour with no luck. Ugh. But hey - Now C&C: The First Decade works!! I'm not sure if it's worth it or not. I think I gotta break down and get a USB to gameport adapter.

I finished watching the Cowboy Bebop series. Again. This would be my third or fourth time through. And each time, I'm always impressed. At the characters, the animations, the music, and soforth. Great show. You really feel it in the last episode when Spike dies and 'Blue' is played. Perfect song for the ending. I've yet to conclude this all with the movie, but I suspect I'll try and get around to that soon. Scrubs and Lost should be on this week. Curse the Olympics for holding them from me. Battlestar Galactica was really cool. Interesting perspective on the other side of things. Well done episode.

I haven't been sleeping weel these past three nights. Lots of tossing and turning. Last night I didn't get sound asleep until 4 or 5. Something to do with playing too much Red Alert 2 over the weekend. I had little pixelated men running about through my dreams. Very distacting when you're trying to get some rest. Yuri must have claimed my mind before I knew it.
-Cril

You say we've got nothing in common
No common ground to start from
And we're falling apart
You say the world has come between us
Our lives have come between us
But I know you just don't care

And I said "What about Breakfast at Tiffany's?"
She said "I think I remember the film
And as I recall, I think we both kinda liked it"
And I said "Well, that's the one thing we've got"

Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany's

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Cowboy Bebop???....don't mind me, Im old...