Thursday, March 09, 2006

The crowd starts to sing...

I've finally decided what I'm going to (try and) do with my life. Some form of visual arts is the name of the game. At the moment, graphic design and seem to be my forte, but deep down I want to do illustration/drawing/painting. I think I'm going to try for the latter. In order to get into ACAD, though, I need to have a portfolio which I am severely lacking. So here goes: I'm going to lean off on the gaming, and try to step up my... Arting. And the first victim:



It's Batman! Kinda... I'm surprised at how well I pulled of the positioning and proportioning of the body. It turned out not half bad, to my disbelief that I couldn't do a full figure without a reference. Well, a fraction of a body in this case. You'll notice that he's mostly hidden by the cape. At least I did a decent job on the cape's lighting as well... It looks like there's actually a person under there.

I stole the Batman idea from one Frank drew. His was mostly a portrait with the face. Either way, I had fun. Speaking of Frank, we had a good chat the other night. That guy is so much smarter than I am at this point in the game. He really understands where I'm sitting with school and what I need to do. Dare I say, he's pretty wise on the subject. His art is pretty good too :)

I FINALLY got my iPod back. I could've had it last Friday, but nooo... DHL is rediculous. I changed it to the work address online over the weekend, and it arrived at the house on Monday. I phoned and changed it with customer service, and it didn't even come the next day. So it finally came yesterday to the office. 'Bout time... Apple's service was bang on, fast and to the point (Although I was less than thrilled to pay $40 for shipping when I WORK at a shipping company...). The delivery left something to be desired though.

Props to Frank for his taste in music. I found out about The Fray and their "How to Save a Life" album through his blog. Not much of it made the cut to stay on the iPod (I only have 4GB of space, I gotta be tough...) but it's great listening. I really dig their style. The music is great, and the vocals are well done and seem unique. Me likes.
-Cril

And all at once the crowd begins to sing
Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Maybe you want her, maybe you need her
Maybe you started to compare to someone not there
Maybe you want it, maybe you need it
Maybe it's all you're running from
Perfection will not come

The Fray - All at Once

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

You've got talent Cril. I know. I'm still old...