Monday, April 09, 2007

Loooong weekend

Yeah, it was a long weekend. And not in a good way. I was (and still am, to a degree) sick. Coughing, wheezing, snorting, sniffling, the whole 9 yards. I think I had swollen tonsils. They aren't any more, but something in my throat is still swollen and hurting. It ain't to comfortable to swallow. Oh well. I did go for a walk on Sunday (It was FIFTEN degrees! That counts as 'Spring' weather, right?!) after I played some BF2142 for a few hours with the Frank (Thanks again dude - I had a blast).

Oh, and I had to put in a bit of OT Sunday night to get that darn Make ad done. Gah. I did the best I could, but I'm not sure if it was good enough. Especially considering it was a full page. The whole thing was a bit text heavy, but I think me n' Dave may have pulled it off. And in related news, I hate friggin' PDFs. It took me like 12 tries to get them to print off right. That's a ton of wasted paper.



I think I gotta start drawing more cartoon(ish) stuff than not. This started off as a rough Igor for an ad concept. The idea got shot down, but I liked the incredibly twisted face of the classic henchmen that I just had to finish the whole piece off. I added in a scientist (with obvious characteristics of Professor Membrane from Invader Zim) with a bubbling chemical in a dark basement suite. Et voila! Instant... Art. I gave it to rob so that he can make some text and turn it into a comic. If I ever get the site designed so it can be coded...
-Cril

I am an arms dealer.
Fitting you with weapons in the form of words
And don't really care, which side wins
As long as the room keeps singing
That's just the business I'm in

Fall Out Boy - This Ain't a Scene, it's an Arms Race

No comments: