Sunday, April 01, 2007

Snow? AGAIN?

I'd like to go on the record as saying that Calgary weather SUCKS. Ugh. I wouldn't mind so much if it decided what it was going to do and stick to it. Instead, over the past thirty days the temperature has fluctuated some 30c degrees at least twice. It snows, it gets sunny. We get slush for a few days. Things almost completely melt, and then it snows again. Like today. So much for "April" or "Spring".

Not much else to say today... This is gunna be a crappy week. I gotta produce a FULL-PAGE ad for Make Magazine and I don't even know what I'm pimping yet. Oh, and the material is due by Thursday. Oh, and we have to get an order for 2500 motors out the door. And even though I put in five hours of OT today, they're not even all done being prepped to go. *Sigh*

I almost hesitate posting this, but...



I stole this one right out of the Batman Animated Series. I've been working on it off and on for the past three weeks or so. It just got to the point today where I wasn't enjoying it at all. It wasn't clicking. And it's butt ugly. I started it at an insanely large res so I could make it really detailed. I ended up with a friggin' 2GB scratch file. I really don't like this one at all. I barely put any effort into the Bat either.

I did finish watching all the Batman cartoons, though. Great series. Except I didn't like the last season. All the flair in the artwork disappeared so it could be more "cost-effective". It was pretty disappointing from the previous seasons. Oh well, I liked Nightwing, and the episode where Batgirl dies and the cops hunt down Batman and the gang. My favourite episode of the whole series, though, is definitely "Almost Got 'Em", where the classic villians are sitting around telling the story in a dark pub. Now that's something I'd love to draw. But I should get good at it before I go and butcher the scene and setting.
-Cril

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free.

Sarah McLachan - Blackbird

No comments: