Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Dry Day at the Office

I got into work this morning, and come 10AM I head to the water cooler for my regular glass of cool water. Lo and behold, nothing. Apparently a water main had burst. Yeah, maybe I should've been tipped off that something was afoot by the city trucks out front, back, and along the side of the building.

But no water. Got so damn thirsty during the day and I was too cheap to go across the street and buy something from the 7-11. Especially if it's water - why would you pay for that? One of the most pervasive cons of our time.

Then I had to go to the bathroom. In the porta-potty outside in the parking lot. Thankfully it was near freezing out, so there wasn't quite the same odeur as usual. But that didn't keep my butt cheeks from getting cold, or having to use hand sanitizer alone afterwards.

The whole thing just put a weird, unsettling cramp on my day. I think it's technically against the provincial labour code to work in a place without running water. I can see why.

Although, it almost makes you wonder what it's like living in Africa.
-Cril

No comments: