Sunday, November 22, 2015

Eats

My family was pretty broke when I was growing up. We'd eat out maybe four or five times a year. As a result, going to a restaurant (everything from a fast food drive thru to a proper sit-down meal) has always been a 'treat'. And that's still the case, somehow.

I usually budget $50 for eating out a month, but things at work over the last week have been pretty crazy, and the company gives us $15 for dinner if we're there late. So I'll work until 7-8 and grab food on my way home. I've eaten a lot of Subway, chinese, A&W, and such. It's strange, because staying late triggers in the back of my brain to go, "yeah, you get a treat!".

But at this point, I'm kinda sick of eating out. I'd rather just have the time to go home and eat something a bit simpler, and not have to ask for a receipt. I still want to eat out, though. It's a conflicting feeling. I'm getting more of it than I want, but the back of my head tells me I should have more. Bizzarre. It kinda makes me wonder if I'll ever be able to shake these associations, or if any kind of meal not cooked at home will always have a certain draw to it.
-Cril

No comments: