Monday, November 09, 2015

Repetitive Pix

I just uploaded 31 photos to Flickr. Of those, about 28 are of my car. Of those, about 20 are nearly identical.

In September I resurrected a dormant tradition to pack up the camera, charge the iPod, fill up on gas, and just go for a drive on Labour Day weekend to wherever I think might be interesting. It started as a way to calm the nerves before another year of school, but these expeditions to wherever I thought might be neat were also a great way to just blast some tunes and enjoy what was left of the summer's driving weather. 

This year, though, I pretty much knew I had to park my 944 for the winter. Considering that can last 6-8 months and an alarming oil leak, I had some worries niggling at the back of my mind as to whether or not I'd get to go on any such drive again in this wonderful(ly maddening) machine of mine.  Just in case my Porsche affair was coming to an end, I figured I'd document the hell out of the thing.

So, yes, I've uploaded an embarrassing amount of seemingly uninspired and repetitive photos. But I like to think of it as a bit of a love letter, too. Every day I drove it, my 944 made me smile. And at the end of those days as I walk from the driveway towards the house, I had to look back over my shoulder and smile. 

_MG_6588

I don't know what comes next, but I sure as hell am glad I did the stupid thing and bought a 30-year old entry-level Porsche. I mean, just look at it.

Ahhh.
-Cril

No comments: