Sunday, November 08, 2015

Things to Do (Get Off My Ass Edition)

Hard to believe we're already knee-deep in November. The weeks seem to be passing by alarmingly fast these days, and the end of the year is barreling up pretty quick. Kind of a subtle reminder that I need to get (and keep) my ass in gear to accomplish the things I want to.

Thing 1: RMA'd my video card, after being unable to replicate a system hang on a borrowed card. Alas, the problem persists. Next up, need to try a different power supply. Hopefully I can figure this out in time for year-end sales, so I can pick up whatever part I need.

Thing 2: Second-a-day videos. Have to do a few more to catch up, and then start making the grand video.

Thing 3: Needa see a dentist before my yearly insurance allowance disappears.

Thing 4: Wayyyy back on the Labour Day weekend I went for a drive and took some pictures. I have to finish editing them and put them up. I've been chipping away and am about 4-5 from being done.

Thing 5: I decided I want to make a Christmas Card, I think. That gives me about a month to actually get it done if I want to mail them out on time. Need to figure out what it's going to be/look like.

On the plus side, this weekend I finished sealing up my windows, ordered new glasses, and got an oil change. Three more things crossed off the list. Work's been pretty draining lately, though, and I've been crashing pretty hard once I get home. Need to stay on top of things.

Side note: Out of boredom (and laziness), I finally installed and played Mass Effect. I think I bought it about 4-5 years ago on Steam sale, and just beat it a few days ago. Good story and solid gameplay, save for a few minor frustrations. I'll tack ME2 and 3 onto my 'to watch list'. I', probably going to get Battlefront if the reviews are decent and a couple key people enjoy it, but when the year-end Steam sale comes around I'll see if I can pick up Mad Max, Arkham Knight, and Rebel Galaxy if they're on decent sale. Those should last me a little while.

Mind you, now that ME1 is out of the way and I have nothing interesting to play until Battlefront, I should have the time and boredom I need to start chipping away at those Things. Particularly the Christmas card. I should get crackin' on that one.
-Cril

2 comments:

Frank said...

Maybe the extended demo download edition of Fallout 4? I'm going to be saber deep in Battlefront myself, methinks.

Crilix said...

I think I'm going to try to hold back my gamin' cravings for a week or so yet while I get things done. Once I get an invoice cashed I'll probably hop on in those Battlefronts with you.