Saturday, December 08, 2007

33.33%

Well, one exam down and two to go. Got MACS over with today - the exam was pretty short itself. It took me about half an hour to do it and another fifteen to look it over. I'm not to confident about it though - I used the same study method for the midterm, and that went a lot better. Ugh - and this isn't even the cumulative test for MUSC or the uber long AND cumulative test for PHIL.

I haven't figured what to take next semester. It's a bit of a problem for a few reasons... I don't actually want to take any courses, but I kind of need to so that I can stay on my Mom's extended medical plan and get dental work done. Without the extended medical I'd be paying almost as much as courses themselves. Might as well take a few more extended studies...

I've played and beaten Gears of War PC. Good game - a bit repetitive at times - but otherwise a good game. I like the shoot and scoot mechanics, and the cover system. The cover system, by the way, somehow drastically warps my mind when I play other games. All of the sudden I was trying to press space to immediately go into full cover behind objects. Really throws of my Team Fortress and BF2142 game. Bah. The question now, though, is whether or not to purchase it. I ran well enough, and I'd like to play it online, but... Will it be worth $50? Maybe I'll go for it if I find a good deal on boxing day.

And speaking of deals... I don't know why but I am oh so tempted to upgrade my computer right now. All I need is a new motherboard, processor, and video card. And maybe a case. That'd only be what, $550-$700? Yikes - it sure looks more scary when you post the totals like that. Sigh, it must be nice to be not poor. Oh well, I figure I'll upgrade in a year and a bit. Not this summer, but maybe next. I think I can justify upgrading every 3-4 years. I can wait. I hope.
-Cril


Life inside the music box ain't easy
The malots hit the gears are always turning
And everyone inside the mechanism
Is yearning to get out
And sing another melody completely
So different from the one they're always singing
I close my eyes and think that I have found me
But then I feel mortality surround me
I want to sing another melody
So different from the one I always sing

Regina Spektor - Music Box

No comments: