Sunday, December 30, 2007

Swirling clouds in violet haze

Ok, so I did my 100th post and then... That was it. Kinda sad, really. I met the goal I was aiming for so then I stopped completely. Well, to be a little bit less of a lazy bum I'll post once more before the new year. That way I can say I exceeded my goal. And that sounds far more impressive.

Christmas was pretty good this year. I have to say, my haul wasn't anything truly fantastic, but the atmosphere in the house was great and I think everyone just had a good time. I got some Lego, some socks, lots of candy, a map book, a personalized cleaver, and other odds and ends. No 8800GT or iPod Touch or Gears of War or Call of Duty. Oh well. We did get the Wii though (that's what we used all our Christmas gift money for... And then some). It's been lotsa fun so far, even though I can't seem to really securely beat the computer at tennis. Mario Galaxy is pretty fun too, in the whole mind-bending, having to look at things in another type of dimension kind of way. Much like how Portal really messed up the way you had to approach puzzles and whatnot. But we've been having lots of fun with Wii Sports too, it's so simple but enjoyable at the same time. I can't say we've touched much of Wii Play, though.

Steam has a great sale on all the games right now, so I went ahead and bought Psychonauts for $10. Great game - I'm probably about half way through so far and it's been a bundle of laughs. Great concept, and excellently funny writing. It's a really unique game, I can see why so many people love it so much. It too has a mind-bending level a la Mario Galaxy/Portal. Good times. Well, often frustrating too.

Anydangway, today I discovered that someone I know is engaged. What is with returned Mormon missionaries getting married within four months of being home? Apparently nobody is really concerned or even take note at the fact that these people get married after only a few months of courting each other. Maybe it's just me. Heck, it probably is just me. Maybe I'm concerned so much with this because it's finally someone my own age that's getting hitched. I always thought of that particular guy as being a bit of an oddball. A nice guy... But a bit odd. Hmph, certainly makes me wonder why I'm not so much part of the mold as other people. Does it even matter? I can't say. But it does bring me to question myself in oh-so-many ways.

A new beginning for two people and a re-examination of another person's life. I guess that would classify as an appropriate New Years Eve-esque post.
-Cril

Starry, starry night
Flaming flowers that brightly blaze
Swirling clouds in violet haze
Reflecting Vincent's eyes of china blue
Colors changing hue
Morning fields of amber grain
Weathered faces lined in pain
Are soothed beneath the artist's loving hands

Now I understand
What you tried to say to me
How you suffered for your sanity
How you tried to set them free Instant Song Lyrics
They would not listen they did not know how
Perhaps they'll listen now

For they could not love you
But still your love was true
And when no hope was left in sight
On that starry, starry night
You took your life as lovers often do
But I could have told you Vincent
This world was never meant for one as
Beautiful as you

Don McLean - Vincent


Truly gorgeous lyrics.

No comments: