Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bits n' Pieces

Ok, this is it. I've been complaining about a lack of concentration since I've gotten back, but that stops now. Friday night I sat down and pounded out an assignment that was due the next day, and it felt good to be locked in for several hours on the task at hand. I need more of that. Less distractions and stalling. Time to get 'er done. I still need to focus on my personal goals, but I think that if I make the most of my designated work time, I'll be in good shape.

In other news, I just bought be some drugs. Of the hippy variety. That's right, I loaded up on a bunch of natural supplement pill... things. Omega 3, Vitamin B Complex (ooh, that sounds impressive...), and Probiotics. I followed a suggestion from a friend of mine who knows much more about such things than I can wrap my head around. Which lead me to spend the equivalent of 50% of my monthly grocery budget. So if it's a bust, it'll be an expensive bust. But if it does some good, then it'll be worth it. It's a a bit of a pricey fix until I finish school and I'll be able to start really focusing on maintaining my health. We'll see how it goes. I wish I could get out and exercise more, though. Oh well, first things first...

Looks like I'm buying an iPod Nano. Bleh. My old iPod Touch died, and so my uncle lent me one he wasn't using. Which I'm still using. And I should probably give it back to him. So after much looking around, I figured I'd try out a Sansa Clip+. Which sucked. Very small, very basic device. Which was okay, in theory. It had a microSD slot, so I figured it could work. And then came the fatal flaw - it doesn't support play counts. Also, SongBird didn't quite work. The playlist support was... odd, and it didn't let you check/uncheck tracks for syncing. I could work around the software management, but losing play counts broke the deal. So after looking around, I couldn't find any decent or affordable alternatives, so I broke down and ordered a 16GB Nano. I just don't have the time/energy to keep looking at some of the bajillion players out there, or to screw around with migrating my music library. Ideally, I wish I had a 12GB iPod Mini. That wasn't made by Apple. I don't want a touch screen, I don't need a colour screen either. I just want to be able to easily access and manage my music, not through iTunes. Alas... Such a device doesn't exist. Like I said, hopefully when I get more time/energy I'd like to find an affordable non-Apple solution. But until then, I have to admit... The Nano is pretty decent bang for buck. Really wish I wouldn't be stuck with that stupid touch screen, though.

I spent yesterday evening with some friends. I made dinner, and we watched some Top Gear. It was a good evening. The episode was a bit... Lack luster, though. It felt too scripted. And I think their budgets for getting cars were way too high. I'm worried that that show, as much as I adore it, is getting to formulaic. But I'll keep on watching. 'Cuz face it... It's Top Gear. It's the best television show... in the wuhld.

Sketch006
Anyways. As you can tell by this wonderfully disjointed smattering of mere word-things, my head is in a really weird place right now. Actually, it's in a few different places. But hopefully this won't last long. Until then... Just gunna keep on truckin'.
-Cril

Orbit - Transient

No comments: