Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Verbal Doodle - “Half the lies I tell you are not true.”

Half the lies I tell you are not true. And I know what you’re thinking – this is one of those wonderfully tepid logic games. And I guess it is. But when you’re sitting across from a pair of pocket knives, there comes a point where you start to question things. Was that dress really red, I wonder? What about that dinner – would it have been better with turkey or with a roast? They’re all equally moot points by now, of course. But these things tend to burn at the back of your skull. So while I sit here, with you… What burns at your skull, I wonder? Are these half-truths worth the time and frustration to unravel, or does it simply get to the point where you throw away the dress and skip a meal? Some things, perhaps, aren’t meant to be known. And the other half of things, well… That’s up to you and what you do with a lonesome duo of blades.

1 comment:

Frank said...

Not too shabby.