Sunday, March 25, 2007

Gotta put down the duckie...

I have to say - If there's one thing I miss from high school, it was, without a doubt, being able to play in a real live band. Okay, so most of the people in said band were idiots and might not really know how to play their instrument in the first place, but... It was fun. I can't think of anything that quite compares to playing as part of a variety of different instruments and arrangements. Ah, what a feeling. Especially playing Birdland, Liberty Bell March, and In the Mood. Oh man. There were plenty others, but what I'd give to go back and do those three again.

Mind you, today was the first time since last summer that I took my sax out to play. The case was dusty, and the sax itself isn't too pretty either. I'd love to get it repaired/restored, but I have no idea how much that'd cost. Gah, I miss playing being in a band. I really do.

Until then, I'll just sit here and dig up my big band music in iTunes...
-Cril

First I held him lightly and we started to dance
Then I held him tightly what a dreamy romance
And I said "Hey, baby, it's a quarter to three
It's a mess of moonlight, won't-cha share it with me"
"Well" he answered "Baby, don't-cha know that it's rude
To keep my two lips waitin' when they're in the mood"

The Andrews Sisters - In the Mood

No comments: