Sunday, November 11, 2007

Call of Duty...tastic.



Illustrator seems to have issues with anti-aliasing some objects that are skinned. You can see it mainly on the large red and blue shapes. Whereas the other smaller swirls used a solid colour, I used gradients with the larger ones. I wasn't pleased with how the built-in texture/skin shading feature worked, so I fudged it by just making it a gradient. The object of the assignment was to make an abstract scene based on putting patters and symbols onto 3D shapes. It turned out to make an interesting abstract background, but the AA problem kind of cripples it. Gah.

It other news, Call of Duty 4 destroyed my weekend. What a fantastic game. I got a hold of the uh, 'downloadable extended demo' for the single player campaign. And I gotta say, I was so blown away I'll pick up a retail (or Steam) copy as soon as I have some cash. The characters were memorable, the story solid and fluid. And the method of story telling was excellent. I mean, it shakes the very foundation of my inner Half-Life fanboi. There were some absolutely moving scenes, and some perfectly executed cinematic scenes. A true masterpiece. If anything would sweep the GoTY award away from the Orange Box, Call of Duty 4 has my stamp of approval. And I haven't even played the multiplayer component yet.

Sigh... Procrastination, thy name is me. I haven't done any homework yet. Hopefully I can get some done tomorrow.
-Cril

So drink me in
Like tainted wine
Come bite down on my sharpened cup
And taste the dreams that numb the mind
A simple word
A harmless glare
That binds me with the thinnest thread
And pins me down to pleasures bed
Everybody wants
Everybody says
Everybody begs in time

Moist - Silver

No comments: