Thursday, November 01, 2007

Damn extroverts...

Ok, so in Media and Communications we had a student-led activity today. The group was talking all about our use of internet and media in our lives, blah blah blah. One chick started talking about how she uses email and facebook and her cell to keep in touch with her friends. She said she sends THREE-HUNDRED text messages a MONTH and that "it's probably average for everyone else with cell phones".

I almost threw up a little. There's something about it that drives me nuts. This chick sits a table infront of me in class, and she's always chatting in MSN or posting Facebook comments. I don't know why but I just can't stand it how some people are oh-so-social. I have no good reason in this - I don't really see what's wrong with keeping in touch with however many friends through whatever means are convenient. But I can't stand it. Damn extroverts.

If it is average for people of my age to be constantly be sending messages from their cellphone... I must be a rare breed indeed. To think I only turn on my cell phone in cases of emergencies or special circumstances. Go figure.

I posted a Guava about a week back - I've been playing with using various pattern-fills to give the appearance of texture. I think I may have figured out something that'll let me apply a gradient to make the textures more effected by light. It's all so very exciting and in-depth (...probably not), I'll post the results if I get it to work.

I have a drivers' test tomorrow. So if you'll excuse me I need to go prepare to fail. I mean be nervous. I mean to pretend to know what I'm doing.

And by all that, I mean "Play around with guava textures and then play some Team-Fortress 2". Yeah, that sounds like a plan.
-Cril

Through ups and downs of facing each other
Together were better together we'll find

We try
To crawl
(Together)
To live
To know
(Better together)

The Polyphonic Spree - We Crawl

No comments: