Saturday, November 17, 2007

Coming soon to a college hallway near you...

And by 'near you' I mean 'in the Fraser Valley'. I got some better instruction from my graphic design prof for the final project. One 14x22" poster with a single element on it (this'll most likely be the textured guava. I think it's the most impressive piece I've done this term... Even if the leaves look like crap.) The other 14x22" poster is to be a mosaic/collection of differant pieces I've done. And thus I present the below.



Not much else is new... I spent ~3hrs doing yard work today, in the lovely gray and wet weather. They were collecting any yard waste people had for free, down at some dump or quarry or something. We got rid of a quarter of our hedge, many tree branches, and several shrubs and bushes. Our yard is looking a lot less depressing now, but it still kinda sucks. Maybe we can get rid of the whole hedge this spring/summer. That thing is ugly.

Speaking of gray and wet winter weather and being ugly, my skin is on the fritz. Which is odd, really, because when I was in Calgary for winters it didn't get this bad. And it's infinitely more humid here than up there. I just don't understand why my skin is so dry and tight. To all those people who do commercials for skin cream and complain about "dry, itchy skin...", you ain't got nothin' on somebody with eczema. When you're skin honestly looks and feels like leather, than "dry, itchy skin..." is such an understatement.

Well, enough whining from me. I'm coming on the end of the term, that means final projects, midterms, and trying to decide what to take next semester. Needless to say, I think I'm going to play some TF2. But on the good side, it looks like the Trans-Siberian Orchestra is coming to Vancouver late this month. My mom booked me two tickets for my birthday. It's a shame that I don't have anyone to invite that I'm not already related to... Hey Frank, wanna come up from Miami to see a group you've never heard of?
-Cril

Sexy Baby
Happiness and silhouettes
Revolving in the deep water indigo
It's high tide, night sky
Pleasure moment
Thinking big
Thinking positive
And itching to get on with it
It's all stops out

Imogen Heap - Daylight Robbery

No comments: