Thursday, November 06, 2008

Rorschach for Company

Turns out that an old friend acquaintance had a baby this week. She used to attend the same church as me many years ago. She's one of those bubbly love-and-talk-to-everybody people. Damn extroverts - they drive me nuts. Playing the "let's be friends!!" game like they're getting some kind of fix. Or sucking some sort of life force they need to survive the next five minutes.

I digress - we were never that close and even though we tried 'dating' (if you could call it that) there was absolutely nothing there to connect to. Those evenings go down as some of the most awkward I've ever had.

She may not be quite my age, perhaps a year or two younger, but already she's married and started a family. But the point I'm trying to navigate here is not our relationship, or how once semi-parallel paths have split in twain.

I guess this is all a painful and drawn-out segway into me trying to examine some sort of larger picture. If only life had a Google Maps-ish interface the job would be a lot easier. But it doesn't, and there's certainly an overwhelming lack of large 'A' and 'B' markers to point me in the right direction.

I don't know what I'm getting at to be honest. Just rambling, 'verbal throw-up', if you will. My thoughts are becoming increasingly frustrated, and sorting them out hasn't exactly been a fruit-bearing endeavour. (see this post as proof)



/shrugs

/walks away

-Cril

1 comment:

Frank said...

Was this that Vanessa chick? If it is, man, I gotta say, she always LOOKED like she wanted to get knocked up.

I'm a lil worried about your disposition resulting in a drawing of Rorschach considering how much of a nut he was in the comic. It's a FANTASTIC piece of art, though. You did a good job of channeling this moment in your life into a work of art that speaks for the moment. THat's a really really strong piece, dude.

Chris, go to school. It might confuse you even more, but you need to have those experiences, my friend. They will inform your soul.